The Design/Build Process
A Web site starts with a concept, typically yours.
The Design/Build Process is our systematic method of taking a Web site from concept to publishing.
Every new site or site makeover is unique and the cost will be determined on your specific needs.
There is no fee for an initial consultation to see if your project and my expertise are a match.
We are Drupal experts but if your site is a basic brochure site or blog site then Wordpress may be an excellent solution.
The following is the standard process we use to plan, design, and produce a web site with you.
- The Design Phase - This is a critical step where the blueprints for you site are created. Here we define the intended audience and the information we need to deliver to the audience and the features the site requires to do that. We build a flowchart or outline showing the scope and structure of the site. The navigation which the site requires becomes readily apparent now. We write up a proposal to build your site based on this work. There is an hourly fee for the site design.
- Signing of Agreement - We sign a standard contract based on the design specifications. The 1st installment payment is due at this time. Subsequent payment timelines will be written into the contract.
- We Set-up the Your Site – If you do not have a domain with email, these are setup and configured now. We set up your new hosting account, create a database and install the web framework. The menus and pages are flushed out and other features of the site design are started. Your logo and any other images you would like to feature must be provided at this time.
- You gather your content - We do give you homework based on the site design to help your content gathering mission. This may take some time so we suggest getting start to it.
- Design/Customization Process - We proceed to build your site. Up to this point the concern has been "function first". Now we take a closer look at theming the site. We find that there are many advantages to apply theming to the build rather than building around the theme.
- Inputting site content - New Press will input your text and graphic content for you according to the site design. You will be able to create any additional pages and menu yourself via Administration panel.
- Testing, Tweaking and Polishing - We then go through every page of the site, proofreading, testing on different computers, operating systems, browsers and monitors, fixing any errors and polishing everything. A link check is performed.
- Site Launch - When all is ready and on your approval, we make the site live and available to the public. The final installment payment is due and payable at the time site “goes live”. At this time, we’ll help you hone your skills on using the Admin features to make changes to the site on your own.
- Hosting and Maintenance - The fee you pay for Hosting and Maintenance includes quality Linux web hosting, (b) regular backups of your site, (c) regular core and modules updates important for the security and stability of your site, and (d) basic support for the normal functioning and use of the site.
- Changes and Additions - You will be able to add, edit and delete pages and posts on your own, but there may be changes that are bigger or more complicated requiring a web developer’s attention. You can contact us at any time to request changes and additions to the site. Everybody needs a webmaster, you decide on how much.